Sunday, August 17, 2008

So...How is it going in Utah?

This has been a common question lately. I have to be honest and say even with all of my awesome family here moving has been rough. I actually just opened a magazine 'Life in Utah' and as I was perusing the pages I came across a section, 'Change is the only Constant'. Change does seem to be the constant in my life. It is hard to start over when you have grown so comfortable in one place. I truly loved a lot of things in my life in Jackson, but I guess when I put it in perspective MOST of the things I truly love came with me. I think I just mostly miss my routine - which is funny because isn't that exactly the thing we all complain about? Routine...the day in day out boring events in daily life. Anyway, this is an adventure!

During our move Molson ate 'something' so he had 2 surgeries and we almost lost him but he is GREAT now! He loves the kids in the cul de sac and is psyched to be up and moving around again.

Carson seriously LOVES Utah and 'the boys' (which is any child (boy or girl) under the age of 15). He has had a few discipline issues that we are overcoming. He is just SO excited. He has never seen or been around so many kids in his life. Today he said, 'Mom, I'll be back I'm gonna go talk to my friend'. hahahhah so funny!

Vinny/Camden/Cam/Vin - Whatever his name is - is adjusting really well! He loves his SWING (thank you to whomever invented that wonderful device). Since birth he has been in his swing. I just can't hold him between packing and unpacking. Poor little guy. He gets one little bit of attention and you would think he was in Disney Land.

John - Well, John just arrived in Utah. He had to wait for our house to close! He will continue to make a few trips a month to Jackson and will also work out of the office in Orem. He arrived just in time - as I was removing the last of the boxes from the garage...what a bugger! If I weren't so anal about where things went and how things were put away maybe moving wouldn't be SO bad and I could cruise into town as John was unpacking the last box. Maybe next time!

3 comments:

Colorado Cullens said...

Can't believe you are gone!! Sniff, sniff.
Change is hard....

Susannah said...

Glad you are all unpacked...I bet that feels great! We love you and miss you guys so much.
We have a big swampy hole of sandness in our tummy's when we go by your house...especially when Mason is calling out for Tahhhsha.
Cant wait to see you soon!!
xo

Shannon said...

We love having you guys here! I love how Carson has a Gazillion kids in the neighborhood to play with.

Change is hard, but with a few weeks of a work out schedule and kids back in school, it should all work out good now.