Tuesday, February 03, 2009

2 Emergency Rooms and a piece of plastic...

So, what a long day this ended up being.

Last week Vinny had been playing on the floor while I was wiping down the waffle maker and he started making some funny noises.

I picked him up and he seemed fine but then about 10 minutes later he starts gagging and kind of choking. Then he seemed fine.

Then he wouldn't eat or drink.

Then he gagged, choked, stopped breathing. Then was fine. This went on for about 2 hours and happened roughly 5 times. The last time it happened he was laying in his crib and I was watching him on his video monitor and I could hear him gag, choke and then he wasn't breathing. I ran upstairs and turned him over and then he was fine again. I didn't know what to do so I called john and told him I was taking him to ER. He and Tyler come racing home - meanwhile I am in the car holding vinny in my lap and Carson is crying because I almost left him at home and I meet John and Tyler about a block away. Tyler jumps in my car and we RACE to the ER. I think we almost died going to the hospital. We get there and now vinny seems fine again...of course! Ex-rays - NOTHING! They have to send us to SLC to Primary Children's and he does fine the entire ride to SLC except he still refuses to eat or drink.

In the waiting room...I feel like he is going to catch some horrible disease so I want to leave. John says No. I say yes. Vinny starts gagging coughing, no breathing, gagging. What in the world. I see something in his mouth - sort of glimmer. Stick my finger in mouth and feel plastic going down his throat. Hurry hurry grab it! GOT IT! He eats, he drinks, he sleeps! What a day!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Susannah said...

OH MY GOD!!!! I CANT BELIEVE YOU DID NOT CALL ME...HOLY COW TOSH...HOW SCARY!!!!
THANK GOD! AND OF COURSE NOW THAT TIME HAS PASSED...HEHEHEHEHEE

Ackley Family Adventures said...

OMG!!! I am so glad he is ok...how scary for you! Thank god he won't remember this...too bad his mommy will!