Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Disney World...

 Trying to entertain Crew on the plane.  We left SLC and an hour and a half into the flight the pilot said we and to turn around because of a landing gear light.  Turned around and had to re-book us.  Needless to say we left our house at 8am and got into Tampa at 11pm.  We actually spent 3 days on the BEACH in St. Pete (great place) and then drove to Orlando for Disney...

 kisses

WARNING - the weather was PERFECT for theme parks and NO ONE (according to Disney) was there! (minus some Jewish people on break from NY and Brazilians)




It's a Small World - I think it might be the best!

John loved taking the boys on the tea cups

So, I have heard horror stories about husbands and fighting at Disney...I can SEE it and HEAR it.  However, I think John and were just OUTNUMBERED...so, we didn't fight or disagree plus it wasn't hot nor were the lines bad...no wait times for pretty much anything.  However, I see how it happens...John and I were in survival mode.  Honestly, how do you fight when you have 3 small kids and so much competition?  We were on our toes ALL day! Whew - no Amber Alerts today!

and then there is Crew Crew
'Are we still here?'
I have a thesis to write
NASCAR




Laugh on the Floor
Awesome restaurant - TRex








Laughing because the dinosaur behind John came ALIVE and started EATING him

So, I am putting this at the bottom so no one reads it but I NEED to remember...my kids do NOT like theme parks.  I didn't know if I should beat them (laugh) or charge them for the ticket price (which are HEFTY to say the least $500.55 for 2 days which was for 2 adults and 1 child).  Anyway, they wanted to go to the pool or the beach.  Secretly, I am VERY happy - I don't love rides or theme parks or lines etc but I really thought they were going to LOVE it.  So, if you are hesitant - buy a couple tickets for a REAL safari in AFRICA - seriously, I could plan an entire vacation for 7 days on Safari or a remote island that would be less costly and more time efficient.  I am not kidding when I tell you that I could arrange an entire vacation with a private chef, house, on an island, white sand beaches, even some mickey ears, activities out the wazoo and REAL LIVE animals for LESS than a Disney vacation...I can! 

4 comments:

Heather said...

We are actually going in March. I'm surprising my kids and my parents will be there. My kids love Disneyland, so I hope this will be as fun!
I love that you want to beat your kids, but they get their love of theme parks from you. ;)

Shannon said...

WHAT??!! did you just say you didn't love it very much!! hahaha just wait until those boys are older, than it's so much more fun for them. like the BIG rollercoasters!

i love the beach and pool too. but i am so glad you experienced disney, and i'm still shocked that john went too!!! ha

next year, we will all go to disneyland together. It's alot more fun with cousins and ,more adults to hang with!!

Heather Kelley Pinegar said...

Colee hated Disneyland when I took her too! She seriously wanted to leave the minute we got there both days and i did my best to try and make her love it. So disappointing!
I am with you, take a great vacay at the beach and save the money!

Heather Kelley Pinegar said...

Colee hated Disneyland when I took her too! She seriously wanted to leave the minute we got there both days and i did my best to try and make her love it. So disappointing!
I am with you, take a great vacay at the beach and save the money!