Monday, August 22, 2011

Fly little bird...

 ...Your children are not your children.  They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.  They come through you but not from you, And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.  You may give them your love but not your thoughts.  For they have their own thoughts.  You may house their bodies but not their souls.  For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.  You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.  For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday...
~From The Prophet by Kahil Gibran~

 Look at him...he is fearless!  Carson loved his first day of kindergarten today.  I was worried the curriculum and the long days would be a huge challenge, but maybe I was more worried for myself than him.  He has flown the nest - wings WIDE open.  I don't think he will ever look back - as it should be.  I knew this day would come...I remember holding him at a week old, we were both crying, he was crying cause he always cried and I because I knew this day would come.   I guess it could be worse - he could have hated it!  I love you so much CarsonBugs...and NO you can't have hot lunch! (How many times do I have to make him watch Jamie Oliver?)
 ...and then there is Camden.  He starts pre-school tomorrow, but we went for a little orientation today.  I thought for sure he would be THE one that would just need me and want me - NOPE!  Cam was 100% pissed that he couldn't stay and that I came in the school (to meet his teacher along with all the other parents) with him.  He is a BUGGER.  Not sure where Crew was for the photo opts this morning but he also went missing at Cam's school.  Literally, every teacher and every parent was searching for him.  They found him in one of the back classrooms ready to start school.  Seriously?  Maybe school just is way too much fun.

 There is Crew
Molson and BauerSox

2 comments:

Heather Kelley Pinegar said...

I was going to text you today to see where you decided to send Carson...he is right by us :) You should put me on your list in case you ever need me to grab him if you are running late...we would love to have him come play.
Love your thoughts on them growing and being themselves..so true.

Shannon said...

beautifully written... i can't believe this day has come for you! seriously they both look so ready to go to school. when did this happen??! carson looks so darling in his uniform.
can't wait to hear how his school is. call me or text me i lost all my contacts in my phone!