Thursday, March 26, 2009

Oh Maui...I miss you!

So, I have been home 6 days 16 hours and 42 minutes!  The island hums to me at night...it says 'taaaashaaaaaaa, come back' - the weather is beautiful, the skies are blue, the sand is warm, the pool is inviting, the people are friendly, the fruit is yummy, the avocados are insane, the Kona coffee is delightful, the music is - well what is the music?  It is like a mix of waves, breeze, light rain and sounds of someone blowing a conch shell in the distance.  I miss it!  It never occured to me when I was packing up my life, my things, my kids, my house (that I still love), that it would be any place but Jackson that would whisper through my dreams.  Strange how perspective and time changes things... our attitudes, relationships, our children, our marriages, our conversations. It makes me wonder if this place, this place I live now, or any place will ever really feel like 'home'.  

and then... 

it occurs to me - it wasn't the island humming it is the obnoxious dishwasher, john's fan, the baby monitor (that can't seem to find reception to the base that is literally a door away) and the frickin' SNOW PLOW outside!  Just like that...Kona coffee ain't gonna fix this today - I think I will opt for some St. John's Wort!  John knows that when spring arrives and snow is a fallin' don't come a knockin'!!!  I am a bonafide grump!  Maybe I will download angry music for the gym.

  

4 comments:

Shannon said...

hahahaha! Seriously you wrote it just beautifully! It made me want to go tanning & Swimsuit shop. I want to go so so bad!!

Ackley Family Adventures said...

That is so funny! I feel your pain! I am sooo over the winter..the snow...the cold...the lack of sun...(lack of vino and cocktails in my case) and overall just the lack of green and warm air! Can you tell I am ready to have a baby! Glad you did make it back safely!

Susannah said...

I know right...
Maui just smells good!
hang in there,
Just three weeks until our girls trip...the gulf of Mexico will treat us right!
Cant wait to play with my boys...Vin is HUGE!

Colorado Cullens said...

ahahahah! you crack me up!