Friday, May 20, 2011

The 'Nanny' and the Poo Pot...

When I have $#@* to do this is where the kids go! 
Cheapest 'nanny' in Utah and it doubles as Bauer's crate - I told John I was good at saving mula!
Guess who is finally using the POO POT (have you read that book? It is so cute and funny).  He has actually been using the potty and having a dry bed ALL NIGHT LONG for a few weeks but I thought I would give it a little while just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.  
I waited until John was in China and then Cam and I went to war.  Camden is seriously the MOST stubborn child - when we would ask him if he wanted us to change his diaper when he was an old guy he would say 'yes'.  When I would finally bribe him onto the potty he refused to get off.  During one of our 2 hour standoffs (him on potty me on floor downloading peeing, pooping and farting apps) I have to say, he ALMOST won.  Mother's Day - we went to my brother's house and again a potty standoff - it usually ends with me screaming at him that we are all in the car leaving (he doesn't care).  My brother is convinced that I am the meanest mom in town.  It was a rough week but I knew I had to do it when John was gone or he would just tell me to wait - that he isn't ready, or he will just figure it out one day.  I was over it.  2 kids in diapers and a puppy is just too much bodily gunk.  
Oh, and poor Crew - I took his bottle away too.  My kids hate me but I think I am going to make up for it tonight at Cam's Birthday Party!  My first REAL effort at fondant and it was so much easier than I thought it was going to be.  I'll post pics of cake and party tomorrow!

1 comment:

Heather Kelley Pinegar said...

One thins is for certain, when you set your mind to do something it gets done!! I really admire that. Good work on the potty training. I need to read that book.