Sunday, November 06, 2011

Golf Birthday Party & A Royal Empress

 I read about and ordered a Royal Empress tree for John & I's anniversary and his birthday.  These trees are suppose to grow like crazy animals and quadruple in size in a matter of time.  Unfortunately, for my little empress it snowed a few days after we planted it so my expectations are low.  My neighbors are laughing at me and John thinks I'm kind of naive for believing in such a small little twig but I do have HOPE.
 For John's birthday I organized (with my brother's help) a golf scramble.  I thought it was a pretty great idea, however, I think I might have upset a few wives as their husbands were missing for most of Saturday.  Following golf we all met up at the country club for dinner.  Service was slow, food was ok but there was some really great friends and family.  Thanks for coming and paying for your own dinner (seriously, bad party planning on my part - I'll do better next time).  

Tori Jo even drove down for his birthday WOOP WOOP.  Thanks Tori - John loves you...you rock! 

 golf ball cupcakes

Not sure what I am so pleased about or what john is blowing.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

SUCH a fun day and party!! i loved that we were the only ones there!!

happy birthday Johnny!!