Monday, November 15, 2010

THE CARSON FAMILY TRADITION...

So, growing up we NEVER had a fake tree - ALWAYS real and at least one.  My mom would even 'spray paint' the needles different colors according to the theme that year.  One year (ask my Aunt Cheer) she did a Pink and Black tree (they thought she had lost her mind) but it actually caught on and people would ask where she got her trees.  My dad would have to run all over Jackson looking and buying every strand of lights in that years color.  (believe me...it is hard to find pink christmas lights - or it was back then).  Sometimes he would even buy the all colored lights and and then go through and replace the bulbs to have an entire strand of one color.  They were a good team once...Thanks for that memory...it is a good one. 


So...anyway, when I met my Boston Boy (who had only bought or used a fake tree) we started 6 years ago going out and getting our own.  In Jackson it is easy!  In Utah it is tough.  Seriously, who knew?  Last year I was having a baby and so I had to break down and I had one delivered (fresh cut from Oregon - it was dead upon arrival).  I had researched it and found that you have to go up to Heber as they only give out 2000 permits.  1000 on Friday and 1000 on Saturday.  PEOPLE SPEND THE NIGHT!  I'm not kidding!  So, I asked Shannon if she would do it with me and she said sure and since her friend Dafnie had done it in the past we all met Friday morning at 5am and then waited in a line until they opened at 8am.  UGH!  (haven't they heard of the internet???)
 Going on a Tree Hunt...I'm not scared (I should have been, however)
 AHHHHHH - there she is in all her Glory.  Taylor's came with us and it was so funny, Shannon found THE tree and she was running for it yelling 'Come to MaMa.'  Cory didn't like it so the search went on and on and on.  Shannon and I could have found a cut a tree in minutes.  What is it with these guys (grass is always greener syndrome).
 Watch out - I have a Saw
Go John Go - TIMBER!




1 comment:

Shannon said...

i can just imagine cindy's tree's!! so over the top, but beautiful! love her.

i'm dying to see what yours ended up looking like! still laughing over the electric saw... who owns one of those?! bahahaha!!