Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Guiliana and Bill Rancic...

Ugh...breast cancer!  This was terrible news to me as I really enjoy watching their show.  I think they are both so funny.  I love how independent she is and how Bill supports her in such a laissez-faire  manner but obviously loves her a great deal.   Her family cracks me up, I love how they all speak Italian and banter back and forth.  Mostly, I love how they balance each other out.  I don't think I would like them as much as individuals...they bring out good qualities in each other.  

With that said, John and I celebrated our 7th anniversary in Cabo (where we were married).  We stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Resort.  We had a very relaxing week and even had friends join us for 4 days.  I like to think that John and I bring out good qualities in each other and together make a good team.  I do wish I could get him to balance his food groups a bit better and work a little less but you can't win them all.  I am sure he would like it if I were a little less anal, less of a worrier, completely 100% happy all of the time and would leave him alone about his food.  
I don't think he would EVER admit it but I think he might secretly appreciate that I am trying to save him and my boys from obesity, heart disease, diabetes, having to buy 2 seats on an airplane, eating each other, and crushing their wives.  Really...it is a win win for everyone - so eat your damn veggies and put down the fried crap! 
 You can't go in the water on the Pacific side because of the swells and the current but the water and sand were beautiful to look at...it kind of reminded me of marriage - you can look at other things just can't touch it!  hahahaha...crackin' myself up today.
 Pueblo Bonito Sunset Resort in Cabo San Lucas Mexico
 One of the stipulations of going on this trip was that John had to workout with me every day...there he is working his thumbs!  (I need to set better ground rules - I obviously didn't define 'working out' well enough - what is it with boys?  If there isn't a competition it just doesn't peak their interest).
 Funny Halloween Skeletons out of wicker
 John and Jeff with their royal crest
 John picked a room with a view...it definitely had a view and a hike to get to it :)
Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in Mexico...I took this picture for Shannon because she loves the Spunkmeyer cookies.  They smelled so yummy!

No comments: